TekLan VPN Windows app
Here we will guide you through installing and using the TekLan VPN Windows App.
1) Download the installer from Windows installer
2) Locate the downloaded file and RUN - If you encounter issues regarding permissions you may need to run as admin!
3) Open the TekLan VPN Windows app and login with your username and password (which are your email address and password that you set on sign up to the site)
4) Connect to a server of preference! :)
Some people have mentioned the server location - if it's looking a bit out of whack... simply sort by ping
and it'll rate them by ping times for you!
OpenVPN Connect Setup - WINDOWS
In this guide we will show you how to setup the OpenVPN Connect app with your TekLan VPN service.
1) Download and install the OpenVPN Connect app here https://openvpn.net/client-connect-vpn-for-windows/
2) Run the installer for the OpenVPN Connect app.
3) Head over to your Client area at TekLan VPN and click on Services > Click the Certs menu and you will see certificates available to you!
4) Download the Cert. Files you need
5) Open the downloaded ovpn file and it should open up in the OPENVPN CONNECT app, if it doesn't open the OPENVPN CONNECT app and on the import profile section select FILE.
6) Browse to the ovpn file you downloaded and it will create a profile inside OPENVPN Connect. Change the profile name to something descriptive such as SINGAPORE or LONDON. Select the "Save Password" option.
7) Enter the VPN USERNAME & VPN PASSWORD credentials, which are sent via email during purchase or available by clicking your plan at "https://teklanvpn.com/clientarea.php?action=products" enter login details in the username/password field on the OPENVPN CONNECT app.
The connection should establish and you're free to browse :)